Originally founded as an oyster warehouse in 1851 by a young fishmonger, John Scott, ‘Scott’s Oyster Rooms’ rapidly evolved into Mayfair’s infamous British seafood restaurant.
The oyster warehouse was housed in Haymarket’s Coventry Street for over one hundred years until 1967, before relocating to 20 Mount Street – where the restaurant still remains to this day.
In 2005, Richard Caring acquired Caprice Holdings, and later that year purchased Scott’s Mayfair, which at the time, was in need of some love and attention.
After an extensive refurbishment by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio, Scott’s returned to its former glory as the finest fish restaurant in London, and reopened to critical acclaim in November 2006.
Some 16 years later, Scott’s opened a second location on the Richmond riverside in September 2022, where a continuation of the restaurant’s glittering heritage and exceptional menu feature for guests to enjoy.